Horticulture Industries Show Conference
January 11-12, 2013
"Horticulture Production & Food Safety:
Making Good during Tough Times"
Gretchen Wall, Produce Safety Alliance Coordinator, Cornell University. speaking over "Navigating the Road to On-Farm Food Safety, Buyer Requirements, and Future Regulations." Wall is the Produce Safety Alliance Coordinator, a collaborative project between the USDA, FDA, and Cornell University. The project seeks to provide the produce industry and associated groups with training, outreach, and educational opportunities related to the current best practices and guidance for future regulatory requirements in produce safety and good agricultural practices.
Marty Matlock, Saturday's keynote on "Measuring Sustainability in Specialty Crops." Matlock, is a professor of biological and agricultural engineering and the executive director of the Office for Sustainability at the University of Arkansas. He also serves as area director for the UA Division of Agriculture Center for Agricultural and Rural Sustainability. Matlock is a participant of the Specialty Crop Stewardship Index.
Program and Exhibitor Information
- Program and Registration - Registration is found on the last page.
- Commerical Booth Exhibitor - Exhibitors will be placed in the right column as they register. Application will be available, October 4.
- Mobile Lab On-line Survey aimed at improving farm to school programs, Belle Starr Room
Holiday Inn City Center Reservations
- $89 (plus 14.25% tax)
- Rate Cutoff - December 20, 2012
- Phone 479-494-3760
- On-Line Reservations
- Holiday Inn City Center, 700 Rogers Avenue, Fort Smith, AR